I've been working on setting up a zLinux (SLES 11) system to act as a router
between two networks (its on an ensemble, but that doesn't really matter at
the moment).  Everything is set up within Linux (yes, I have IP routing turned
on) and the real network has been updated to have a static route to this
system.  Pings are successful to the main IP address on the adapter (on a
vswitch connected to a 1000BaseT OSA).  Pings are also successful from the
other adapter as well.

However, when we try to ping the adapter on the far side of the router from
the network, the packets make it as far as the OSA and then drop.  Our TCPIP
routing guru, Alan Altmark, reminded me that the PRIROUTER setting has to be
turned on in the vswitch for the OSA to recognize that it will be routing
other traffic through it.  I've got that set now, but am still seeing the
problem.

If this were a VM TCPIP machine, I would have to also set PRIROUTER on the
DEVICE statement to get this to work (I'm tempted to switch over to this if I
can't get it working).  Is there an equivelent setting for qeth?  I've been
googling around, but haven't found anything.

Martha