Most likely, there is. But "cent sign" is not necessarily a unique hex code in
the many code pages supported by UNIX and z/OS. So you really need to know what
code page you have on z/OS (likely either CP032 or IBM-1047). And what code
page you want on z/Linux, such as ISO8859-1 or UTF-8 or ... . The proper
command during the ftp would be something like:

quote site sbd=(ibm1047,iso8859-1)

I just tried the above and it __appeared__ to work. At least when I did a "cat"
on Linux, I saw a "logical not" (0xac) sign and a "cent sign" (0xa2) where I
expected them. My Linux has the LANG=en_US.UTF8 set. When I tried UTF-8 instead
of iso8859-1 in the above command, I got a weird error message and a 0 length
file.

557 Data contains codepoints that cannot be translated

I would recommend against a BINary transfer. Yes, iconv will do it. But there
are "oddities". The first that if you BINary transfer from a z/OS legacy data
set (such as a sequential dataset), there is no end-of-record indicator at the
end of each record. For a Fixed Length record, you can translate using iconv,
then insert an LF where needed. But for a Variable Length record, you have no
idea where the records end, in general.  If you BINary transfer a z/OS UNIX
file, you will have the z/OS UNIX end-of-line character. However, the problem
occurs because the z/OS UNIX end of line character is an NEL 0x15, not an LF
0x0a. "iconv" on z/Linux will translate this to a 0x85, not 0x0a. So you must
translate that is a separate step.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV