From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Alan Altmark
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 2:00 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: zOS translation tables for FTP to linux

On Monday, 05/21/2012 at 01:39 EDT, "Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)"
<ann.sm...@thehartford.com> wrote:
> Is there a standard translation table that can be specified with zOS
> ftp to a linux server (SITE XLATE =  ...) to allow translation of
> characters such as cent sign ?

Linux is ISO 8859-1 (code page 819).  If you use code page 37 on z/OS,
try something like
   site sbdataconn=(037,819)

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant IBM System Lab Services and
Training ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556
alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.