From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Richard Troth
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 9:34 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Running SecureFTP in background mode using perl "expect"

> I suspect you may be confusing "sftp" with "ftps".  "sftp" is in fact
> another ssh client, and also can do public/private key authentication
> just as ssh and scp.

[sigh]  Not the first time.

The good news then is that use of SSH keys is all that much easier for
Eddie's scenario.

> "ftps" is another kettle of fish.

Right.  I don't use either one anymore ... for reasons beyond this
thread.

> -- Pat

-- R;
Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/

This email is intended for the recipient only.  If you are not the intended
recipient please disregard, and do not use the information for any purpose.