Sebastian,

> So I still think it is sufficient to do:
> chccwdev -e xxx ;udevadm settle ;dasdfmt xxx

... which is somewhat the conclusion I came to with the previous test
script. So everyone wanting to script with chccwdev -e could write a
function such as:

  function enableDevice { chccwdev -e $1; udevadm settle; }

and always call that function instead chccwdev -e. So my question is
still: "If a udevadm settle is always required after a chccwdev -e, then
why is it not just built into the command?"

"Mike MacIsaac" <mikemac at-sign us.ibm.com>