We use Perfkit to capture high CPU usage with individual Linux Guests on zVM,
however is there a way to capture the CPU usage for the entire LPAR and set an
alert to it? With the overcommitted of resources on the zVM LPAR, we had a
situation where we did not have any one Linux Guest using excessive CPU, but
the entire LPAR was pegged at 100%, giving each guest Linux performance issues.
We do not have Velocity at this time (we keep trying, but no one will let us
spend the money). So we have remaine3d focused on finding a solution with
Perfkit.

James Chaplin
Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux
Base Technologies, a CA Technologies Company
Supporting the zSeries Platform Team