We're running RHEL 5.9  and  6.3.  My Linux guys tell me that RedHat support is
telling them that the only way to take a dump on System Z is VMDUMP.  But our
Linuxes tend to be up in the 20-40GB range, and it takes forever (many hours)
to take a dump, tons of free dump space in the spool, and many hours to do the
DUMPLOAD and of course tons of CMS disk space to hold a dump.

I know the IBM dump tools doc says explicitly to use kdump, but apparently
RedHat support has been adamant....

Has anyone else bumped into that message from RedHat?
Lee

Lee Stewart - VM System Support -- [visasm]  -- Phone:  6(750)4601 -
+1-303-389-4601 - lstew...@visa.com

<<inline: image001.gif>>