From: Alan Altmark [mailto:alan_altm...@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:29 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Setting kernel parms for RHEL6

On Wednesday, 05/29/2013 at 02:20 EDT, "Bauer, Bobby (NIH/CIT) [E]"
<baue...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Trying to setup a Linux terminal server. Everything I read says to set
kernel
> parms of
>
> console=hvc0
> hvc_iucv=2
>
> or something similar. Nothing tells me where/how to set kernel parms
that I
> have found so far. It must be one of those universal truths that Linux
people
> have but us old zOS dinos need it documented.
> Please point me in the right direction.

The Source of all Goodness and Light for Linux on z is the Device Drivers,
Features, and Commands book, SC33-8411.  In there you will find the Answers you
Seek.

Well, most of them, anyway.  :-)

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556
alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/