You will need two pieces for using the hvc console...

1. The additional kernel parameters in zipl.conf. As Rick suggested, if you
want to keep your 3270 console add another 'console=' statement. The 2nd
console statement will be the primary console, fyi. In our case, we have
the hvc console as primary, so our additions look like this on the
parameters section of zipl:
"hvc_iucv=2 console=ttyS0 console=hvc0"

2. An upstart job to maintain the tty's on those terminals. I choose to
have an upstart for each hvc console. An example to maintain the tty on the
first console:

start on stopped rc RUNLEVEL=[2345]
stop on runlevel [S016]
respawn
exec /sbin/agetty -L 9600 hvc0 xterm

This is assuming you are wanting to use this console in case of a failed
boot, etc.

To then connect from another guest to the first hvc console you could issue:
"iucvconn guest lnxhvc0"

I think that's about it.