Alan,

I went to talk to the z/os guy to get a better understanding of what the TCP IP
folks are wanting done.

I now have a better understanding of what is going on.

1. We have so much data flowing through the hipersocket chipid that we are
experiencing queueing in the hipersocket.  (This is on a z196.)

2. It appears that something, either hipersocket or TCPIP, is not reacting well
to that queueing.  It appears that is what is causing the storage creep.

3. One of the things that the TCP IP folks want us to do on the hardware side
is to increase the maximum frame size to 64k. for this hipersocket.

4. This would normally increase the MTU size to 56k for the hipersocket.

5. If I remember properly the 56k value would exceed the SAP recommended MTU
size of 8k.

6. The IBM z/os TCP/IP support says that the MTU size could be forced to 8k.

Anyone have any experience in forcing an MTU to 8k like this?  Any unwelcome
side effects?

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Foster