On Tuesday, 08/20/2013 at 08:03 EDT, "J. Leslie Turriff"
<jlturr...@centurylink.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 August 2013 14:59:09 Alan Altmark wrote:
> > If I ever get the information and the time, maybe I'll write
> > one....
> Sounds like a good topic for a Red Book.

I was thinking of an appendix in the HMC book.

> > Linux?  That's a red herring.  The HMC doesn't look like any Linux
system
> > I've ever seen, and nothing you learn about Linux will help you
operate
> > the HMC.  It could be running OS/2 for all I know!  ;-)
> Unless things have changed in the last year or so, it is, in fact,
running
> OS/2.

It was a feeble attempt at humor, as things changed quite some time ago.
:-)  The HMC and SE no longer use OS/2, though the chosen platform really
is irrelevant since the HMC is a closed appliance.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556