From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Alan
Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:00 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: IPLing from tape

The HMC can certainly authenticate with LDAP or AD.  There is some capability
to dynamically provision HMC IDs via LDAP  using user templates and/or
patterns.  I'm getting details from Product Engineering, as the published
information is, shall we say, sparse.  (Read: Pretty much
non-existent.)

The HMC also has complete audit facilities, including the ability to manually
and/or automatically upload the logs to another system.

If customers have requirements for HMC functionality, they need to make those
requirements known.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556
alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/