<ann.sm...@thehartford.com> wrote:
> Upgraded server using EMC san from sles10 sp4 to sles11 sp2
>
> LVM cannot find volume groups
>
> lsscsi shows devices
>
> Cannot find udevinfo command that used to be in udev package or san_disc
> command that used to be in s390 tools package
>

> Were they moved to different packages?

The version of udev was bumped significantly between SLES10 and SLES11.  The
upstream developers completely reworked the structure of the commands.  The
various udev???? commands were replaced by "udevadm sub-command".  One of those
is "udevadm info" which would be analogous to udevinfo.

The san_disc command was dropped from the lib-zfcp-hbaapi package by IBM when
they changed the version from 1.4.x to 2.0.  It was documented as a "sample
program" to show how to use the API for the zFCP adapter.  They didn't update
the README or Changelog file to indicate exactly why it was dropped.  I suspect
the function overlap between that and lszfcp and zfcp_san_disc was big enough
that it was considered unnecessary.