[Tee hee <giggle <pheart>>]  :-)

Got a reply from the vendor support folks:

" [product] is a 32-bit executable so the 32-bit c runtime libraries must be
installed on a 64-bit linux machine."

OK, sounds like progress (and vindication for SELinux).  Any shortcut to
finding whether we have those runtime libs in the distro, or possibly already
installed somewhere?

Has anybody ported Language Environment to Linux?  (Chust kidding....)

    -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.