Hi Everyone,

I got a good one (I think)... did I imagine this working at one point?

I am not able to connect from my z/OS Hipersockets to my RHEL6.2 Hipersockets.

I am able to successfully initiate a connection from my RHEL6.2 Hipersockets to
my z/OS Hipersockets.

I am able to successfully initiate a connection from my RHEL6.2 Hipersockets to
my z/VM Hipersockets.

I am able to successfully initiate a connection from my z/OS Hipersockets to my
z/VM Hipersockets.

I am able to successfully initiate a connection from my z/VM Hipersockets to my
z/OS Hipersockets.

I am able to successfully initiate a connection from my z/VM Hipersockets to my
RHEL6.2 Hipersockets.

What gives?

Hipersockets on zLinux:

[root@vipservd ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-hsi0

DEVICE="hsi0"

BOOTPROTO="static"

DNS1="10.201.1.241"

IPADDR="5.5.5.57"

NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

NETTYPE="qeth"

ONBOOT="yes"

SUBCHANNELS="0.0.7400,0.0.7401,0.0.7402"

TYPE="Ethernet"

ARP="no"

Hipersockets on z/OS:

;

DEVICE IUTIQDED  MPCIPA   AUTORESTART

LINK   HSLINK16  IPAQIDIO IUTIQDED

START  IUTIQDED

;

HOME

   5.5.5.16       HSLINK16

;

; Begin / End route table

;

Beginroutes

route 5.5.5.0     255.255.255.0   =  HSLINK16  mtu 57344 NODELAYA

Endroutes

Thanks!!

David Diep

Serve DC is proud to present NeighborGood, a new, free tool to help residents
engage in meaningful service and connect with the causes and organizations they
care about. Visit NeighborGood at http://serve.dc.gov/service/neighborgood