Emmit,

That could very well be the case... I did not define a specific route for
Hipersockets in RHEL (always wondered about that).  As for my z/OS, I use OSPF
for routing, but static routes for Hipersockets traffic.

;
DEVICE IUTIQDED  MPCIPA   AUTORESTART
LINK   HSLINK16  IPAQIDIO IUTIQDED
START  IUTIQDED
;
HOME
   5.5.5.16       HSLINK16
;
; Begin / End route table
;
Beginroutes
route 5.5.5.0     255.255.255.0   =  HSLINK16  mtu 57344 NODELAYA
Endroutes

Have you guys had this issue?