We are working on trying out some new HA and/or recovery techniques with SLES
11 SP3 and our new SVC hardware.  One thing that I would like to try is
setting up mirroring via the SVC of a LUN that has mysql data on it.  This
LUN is dedicated to a SLES 11 SP3 server on our z114, but it is also part of
a logical volume.  (Right now, its a 1 physical volume LVM.)

Setting up the mirroring is not a problem.  My question is more related to
recovery.  I don't know a lot about how LVM works.  How much about the volume
is stored on the LUN itself and how much is stored elsewhere in the opsys
filesystem?  If we have a recovery server pointed to the mirrored volume, will
it see the LVM metadata?

Any hints/tips on mirroring LVM volumes?  Or, should we stay away from LVM
for anything we want to mirror?

Martha