I would stick with the smaller swap ...  as you say, if the server is
swapping a lot, it's better to give it more main memory and let z/VM manage
memory paging then let Linux continue swapping.

I always prefer to give less (memory and swap) initially and add more if
actual behavior warrants it.  No one ever objects to you giving them more -
but they will almost always complain if you take anything away.   ;-)

Note that I'm speaking of virtual servers in general - others may have
recommendations specific to Oracle, but in my experience everyone asks for
more then they end up needing.   Their position is it's easier to get it up
front then get it added later..  which in the physical world may be true,
but in the virtual world is usually not - it's just a config change.
Scott Rohling