>>> On 3/24/2014 at 12:25 PM, Jake anderson <justmainfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We trying to connect from a Linux machine to Z/OS USS. We use the below
> command to start the service as daemon.
>
> bfagent -s

You do that on what system?  USS or Linux?

> I find that the  /etc/ inetd.conf has below lines pushed by buildforge
> agent installation.
>
>  bfagent stream tcp nowait root /u/users/bfagent bfagent bfagent stream
> tcp6 nowait root /u/users/bfagent bfagent
>

> To connect USS we have been provided with a dedicated port but after Every
> IPL, the BuildForge Daemons remains active.So whenever we try to connect
> again from Linux to Z/OS USS, we get the 'Connection Refused'. Is there a
> way to bring down the deamons gracefully so that the port gets freed up ?

I'm very unclear about what program(s) is/are running where and when, and what
configuration files are where.

The way inetd/xinetd work is that they listen on the assigned port and when a
connect request comes in, fires up the associated binary to handle it.  If
you're getting connection refused messages, that sounds like what is supposed
to be listening on that port is not actually listening.

I'm also not clear if you have inetd running on USS and are _also_ manually
starting the agent with the "bfagent -s" command.  That's definitely going to
cause some kind of problem.