From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Chuck
Tribolet
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 12:27 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Using DIRMAINT to copy an existing guest

Before cloning, make sure that /etc/fstab doesn't contain any entries that look
like:

/dev/disk/by-id/<somebig string>

or

/dev/dasd<something>

You will need to change them to:

/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.<disk address>-part1

The first form will change on a clone, the second form I've had problems with
the drive letter changing.

Chuck Tribolet
trib...@us.ibm.com (IBM business)
trib...@garlic.com (Personal)