From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Mark Post
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:37 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Methods for migrating to new storage hardware

<ann.sm...@thehartford.com> wrote:
> OOPs wrong listserv- my apologies

What's wrong with this listserv?  I thought it was appropriate.

I would say you're more likely to want to use the pvmove command.  Add the new
disks to the VG and then:
1. Use pvchange -x n on the "old" PVs.  This will disable allocation of
physical extents on them.
2. Use pvmove on the old PVs.  You don't need to specify a destination PV if
you don't want to.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.