I read back over my message and see it wasn't quite clear enough.  My
objective is for them to log in as *non-root*, that is, with the general
user account that was set up for them.  As it stands now, when I start VNC
I am presented with a *VNC* password screen that upon authentication takes
me to a root GUI (gnome).  What I was trying to explain at first was the
clones I use from more experienced admins already has VNC configured, but
instead of asking for a VNC password, it merely asks for the Linux id/pw of
the user, and logs them into a GUI for *their* account.  For some reason,
when I install VNC on my own from scratch I can't replicate that behavior.
I get the scenario in the 3rd sentence above. That is not what I want.

Thanks!

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Veencamp, Jonathon D. <jdveenc...@fedins.com

--
Cameron Seay, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems Technology