On Friday, 10/03/2014 at 12:48 EDT, Rob van der Heij <rvdh...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Some of this sounds like my aunt who has several copies of her key at
> interesting places outside in the yard, just in case she might forget
hers
> and the 3 neighbours are all out of town at the same time...

"Hey.  You never know."

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.  Take all *reasonable*
precautions, of course, but you're more likely to get hurt by having
root's password in the guest (along with the attendant effort to manage
it) than by having all the LDAP servers down at the same time.   Don't be
a lemming.  "Because we've always done it that way" isn't good enough.
There's a reason they always did it that way, but that reason doesn't
really apply any more.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323