From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Chu,
Raymond
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 11:36 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Problem to test relocating a Linux image to another z/VM - Device
0592

Hi Alan and all,

The EQID on VSWITCH was fixed. When I ran the following:

vmreloc test Lnx004 zvm2

HCPRLH1940E LNX004 is not relocatable for the following reason (s):

HCPRLI1996I LNX004: Virtual machine device 0592 is a link to a local minidisk

Below is the definition for LNXDFLT profile for Linux images and TCPMAINT

IDENTITY TCPMAINT PASSWORD   32M   64M ABCG
 INCLUDE TCPCMSU
 BUILD ON ZVM1 USING SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-1
 BUILD ON ZVM2 USING SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-2
 BUILD ON ZVM3 USING SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-3
 BUILD ON ZVM4 USING SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-4

SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-1
 LINK 6VMTCP30 491 491 RR
 LINK 6VMTCP30 492 492 RR
 MDISK 591 3390 8558 122 XX12B4 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 592 3390 8680 140 XX12B4 MR ALL      WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 198 3390 8820 009 XX12B4 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 191 3390 8829 007 XX12B4 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN

SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-2
 LINK 6VMTCP30 491 491 RR
LINK 6VMTCP30 492 492 RR
 MDISK 591 3390 8558 122 XX1395 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 592 3390 8680 140 XX1395 MR ALL      WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 198 3390 8820 009 XX1395 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 191 3390 8829 007 XX1395 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN

SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-3
LINK 6VMTCP30 491 491 RR
 LINK 6VMTCP30 492 492 RR
 MDISK 591 3390 8558 122 XX1A06 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 592 3390 8680 140 XX1A06 MR ALL      WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 198 3390 8820 009 XX1A06 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN  MDISK 191 3390
8829 007 XX1A06 MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN

SUBCONFIG TCPMNT-4
 LINK 6VMTCP30 491 491 RR
 LINK 6VMTCP30 492 492 RR
 MDISK 591 3390 8558 122 XX139F MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 592 3390 8680 140 XX139F MR ALL      WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
 MDISK 198 3390 8820 009 XX139F MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN  MDISK 191 3390
8829 007 VX139F MR RTCPMAIN WTCPMAIN MTCPMAIN
*

PROFILE LNXDFLT
  COMMAND SET VSWITCH PASSWORD GRANT &USERID
  COMMAND DEFINE NIC 600 TYPE QDIO
  COMMAND COUPLE 600 TO SYSTEM VSWPSEG1
 *
  COMMAND SET VSWITCH VSWPSEG2 GRANT &USERID
  COMMAND DEFINE NIC 700 TYPE QDIO
  COMMAND COUPLE 700 TO SYSTEM VSWPSEG2
 *
  CPU 00 BASE
  CPU 1
  IPL CMS
  MACHINE ESA 10
  IUCV ALLOW
  OPTION CHPIDV ONE
  CONSOLE 009 3215 T
  SPOOL 000C 2540 READER *
  SPOOL 000D 2540 PUNCH A
  SPOOL 000E 1403 A
  LINK MAINT 0190 0190 RR
  LINK MAINT 019D 019D RR
  LINK MAINT 019E 019E RR
  LINK LNXMAINT 0192 0191 RR
  LINK TCPMAINT 0592 0592 RR

USER LNX004  PASSWORD 512M 1G G
 INCLUDE LNXDFLT
 COMMAND DEFINE STORAGE 256M STANDBY 768M
 OPTION LNKNOPAS APPLMON
 MDISK 0100 3390 0001 5008  XX1185 MR  PASSWORD PASSWORD
PASSWORD
 MDISK 0101 3390 5009 5008  XX1185 MR PASSWORD PASSWORD PASSWORD

As you can see the profile for LNXDFLT has a statement " LINK TCPMAINT 0592
0592 RR". When I first tested the first zLinux image, it complained about the
vdisk  592. I realized that this statement existed in z/VM V6.1 so I added the
statement and the first zLinux image came up and so were other zLinux images.

At z/VM V6.3, when I attempted the LGR function, it complained about it.
Believe the statement is no longer applicable and need to code to address  to
the "IDENTITY TCPMAINT" statement instead. However I do not what the coding is
like. Please advise.

Thanks,
Ray