>>> On 1/20/2015 at 11:48 AM, "Vitale, Joseph" <joseph.vit...@bnymellon.com>
>>> wrote:

> My configuration is a bit different  and I have a second  VSWITCH  specifying
> OSA address  "0A0"  but is not defined in
> my  TCPIP configuration.   Or TCPIP's  directory statement.  It is defined
> in SYSTEM CONFIG  and in Autolog1 profile exec.
>
> "0A0  is not the Primary OSA so maybe that's the reason.  Perhaps you could
> shed some light on this, how its tied together?

z/VM's TCP/IP stack does not know, nor does it care, about the real devices
used by the VSWITCH controllers.  All it has to know about are the virtual
NIC(s) that couple it to the VSWITCH.

In some ways, it can be more helpful to have different virtual device numbers
from the real device numbers.  It makes it a little less confusing when trying
to figure out what is real versus virtual.