On Thursday, 01/22/2015 at 02:41 EST, "Gillis, Mark" <mark.gil...@ca.com>
wrote:
> From my reading of /proc/sysinfo, the LPAR name is present, but not the
z/VM
> node.

The z/VM system identifier is not part of the output of STSI, just as the
CPC name is not available.  (I wish it was, but it isn't.)  If you are
fortunate, your LPAR name and system identifier are the same, but it
certainly isn't required.

If you want the system identifier, you issue QUERY USERID to get it.  (The
word 'node' is ambiguous.)

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323