Hello,
I am trying to do some sort of a comparison between these products and more
digging I do  then more I am lost.
There are many presentations out there with "big" words like "cloud,
orchestrate, cut costs.... bla bla bla"  but it is hard get to the bottom
of it.

Correct me if I am wrong but so far it seams that

1. SCO is rather developed for project managers who can just click and
deploy without understanding the platform at all. They can just chose
images, create patterns, add scripts to be executed on top of an image.
Patterns - who provide these? IBM provides these or user have to create
their own (for example installation of WebSphere or Apache server after
deployment).
It does not support SSI and zFCP  (only edevices)

2. IBM Wave seems to be more for system admins who are just tired of 3270
and constant punching virtual kernels. User can do most of z/VM's tasks
from a GUI and it looks awesome. Admin of IBM Wave have to understand Z and
z/VM very well.  But on the other hand, I see that IBM Wave supports users
and groups. You can create a non privileged user and give him access to
only to specific "projects".  For example web server. So it kind of looks
like SCO. If that is the case - why bother with SCO, isn't IBM Wave better?
Am I wrong?

3.  zPRO. I wish I could find some demo videos about this one. From my
understanding it is more like an IBM Wave. Designed for system admins not
project managers. Not meant to be IaaS product right?

4. xCAT. Also rather for system admins only right?

When I try to sum it up in my head, it comes out that only SCO is an IaaS
solution (a very limited but still) because only SCO allows someone who
knows nothing about Z to deploy a virtual machine and add some software on
top of it.
And SCO seems to be using xcat for doing actual system work.

Can Wave/zPro/xCat be used as an IaaS ? OR those are completely not meant
to be an IaaS solution.
I guess I should ask:
Can wave/zPro/xcat be configured and automated to a level where user may
just say "give me redhat 7 created on  disk pool A and on  LPAR 1 and
install WAS".

Thank you
Gregory