As a general rule, from what I have seen helping out with lots of Oracle
consolidations/working closely with our Oracle on z Alliance team (who is
getting notice of this thread)... if Oracle can run on a IFL, you get
charged for Oracle having access to that IFL.  e.g. If your LPAR has
access to a shared pool of IFL's, your going to be charged for all the
IFL's in the pool.

Depending on what else you are running, LPAR design options do of course
exist that can help balance value to function.
- Defining your options really involves a workshop/planning session.

Worth noting, the special interest group for Oracle on z is meeting at the
end of April in NY.
- Its a great place to talk to Oracle reps involved with z and other
customers running it as well:
http://www.oraclezsig.org/

Hopefully this info is helpful,

Kurt Acker
IBM Smarter Planet, Smarter Data Centers
Virtualization and Enterprise System Management Technologies