On Thursday, 04/02/2015 at 04:25 EDT, Cameron Seay <cws...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> My apologies.  I didn't realize this was an issue with VM, and I can see
> why. I was thinking about NFS and doing something quick and dirty that
> way.  The write access is immaterial.  I at least want them to link to
one
> of my disks.  Read only will be fine.  Can I just attach another
minidisk
> to my guest and let them have read only access to it?

You will have an MDISK entry for the disk in your directory entry.  They
each will have LINK to it in theirs.

If you ATTACH a volume to your ID, no one can LINK to it and no one else
can ATTACH it.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323