Thanks so much for the much needed education, Mark.  The issue is we have
not deployed SuSE on z as it should have been done.  I think the fixes for
this are easy because we are now rather good at cloning, and we can just
start from scratch with a proper installation.  Does SuSE have any academic
licenses?  We were supposed to have one with Red Hat but there is some
confusion around that.  But I blather.

Thanks!

--
Cameron Seay, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems Technology