Hi Matt,

To create an LVM volume is quite simple:

1) First you need to set the partition or disk as a Physical Device for the LVM
2) Then you have to create a Volume Group
3) Create the Logical Volumes that will be part of the Volume Group

More information can be found here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/

<https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/>

Page 106 from this guide shows how to create a custom layout:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Installation_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Installation_Guide-en-US.pdf

<https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Installation_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Installation_Guide-en-US.pdf>
Its the same on all platforms.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Filipe Miranda
fmira...@redhat.com
Global Lead for Red Hat Products on IBM z Systems and Power Systems
GPG Info: DF13EF21 (C79D 437C D56C ABC0 6878 D4D6 8BD5 2B72 DF13 EF21)
RHC{E,DS,A,VA}
Red Hat Inc.
M. 949 572 3463
W. 650 254 4170