>>> On 6/24/2015 at 09:01 AM, Agblad Tore <tore.agb...@volvo.com> wrote:
> I did it this way:
> First our wanted setup.
>
> DeviceNr   Mountpoint    Cyls          Type
> 200        /             2000          xfs native
> 201        /boot          500          xfs native
> 202 VDISK  swap          128000 block  swap
> 203 VDISK  swap          128000 block  swap
> 204        swap          2000          swap
> 205   if more swap needed
> 250        /usr          5000          xfs lvm usrvg-usr
> 251   when adding disks to this lvm
> 260        /opt          3000          xfs lvm optvg-opt
> 261   when adding disks to this lvm
> 270        /var          4000          xfs lvm varvg-var
> 271   when adding disks to this lvm
> 280        /tmp          1500          xfs lvm tmpvg-tmp
> 281   when adding disks to this lvm
> 290        /home          500          xfs lvm homevg-home
> 291   when adding disks to this lvm

It would seem to me that having a separate volume group for each file system
sort of defeats the purpose of using LVM in the first place.  While I would
recommend that user data be in a different VG from the OS, this approach looks
to increase the amount of effort for both thez/VM systems programmer and the
Linux system administrator.