On Friday, 07/10/2015 at 08:20 EDT, Bruce Hayden <bjhay...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The message sent to stderr is not documented in the device drivers book.
> It tells you about the response code of 2, but the description of that
> response code doesn't say anything about the error message to stderr or
> that the message tells you how long the output was.
>
> For use in scripts, it would be nice if there was a way to get the
output
> length without needing to parse the text of an error message!

This is Linux.  You have source code.  Who needs documentation?  And why
not change vmcp do the
auto-retry-with-a-bigger-buffer-if-query-thing-you-were-talking-about that
CMS does?   Bozo says that that are other commands such COMMANDS and
CPTYPE that can be re-issued without side effect.   He also said something
about CP FOR, but I wasn't listening by that point.

Well, I'm off to see if I find anyone to tell me more about leap seconds.
Or take a nap.  Oooh!  I can do both at the same time!

-- C