From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Sergey
Korzhevsky
Sent: den 28 september 2015 8:25
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Documentation for Linux on z Systems and KVM - new

Alan Altmark wrote:
>> What is it about z that makes virtualization work better?
>50 years of work on it?

That is interesting answer. One thing came to my mind is the live guest
relocation. As far as i could find, VMware introduced that feature
(vMotion) in 2003, z/VM - in 2011. The same regarding network
(GuestLAN/VSwitch).
So, looks like z/VM slept all that years and was wake up by x86 world
recently.

        WBR, Sergey

Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>