VERY COOL.  So Linux has the technology, z/VM has the technology, now it
just takes someo    ne to use them.

If anybody in endicott is listening, ONE REQUEST.  The current diagnose
used by the CMM function to release a page actually causes z/VM to read
the page in from the paging subsystem before releasing it.  So release
100,000 pages that are on the paging subsystem means 100,000 page reads
from disk.  VERY BAD.  If you discard a page that is on paging disk,
discard it, don't read it and then discard it.