Like I mentioned earlier this is not production system that is down. It is
just a lab system that can be re-installed easily. It would be nice to have
some idea of what killed it in the first place.
Using DITTO I was visually trying to compare the DASD from the working and
nonworking systems, but that was inconclusive. If I get a chance later I'll
write a quick PIPE to do trackreads and compare the two disks, maybe
that'll show something.
Thanks for all of the tips and comments.
Tom