I am a systems programmer at Primerica Life Insurance.
We have been running SLES linux under VM for nine years.
We only have four production VMs on one lpar using a single IFL.

We will be installing a Z13 in Jan 2016 which has required me to upgrade all
SLES 10.3 VMs to SLES 11.4 and VM from 540 to 630.

The VM lpar has 12GB of storage plus 4GB of xstore.
Under 540 I did not experience any paging to external VM page datasets.
CMMA=ON

When I bring up VM 630, I see massive movement of pages to xstore and then page
outs to aux storage, filling up aux storage.
I have  increase aux storage to 3x but it keeps growing.

It acts like CMMA is not functioning under VM 630.

Jim Davis