On Friday, 01/15/2016 at 01:42 GMT, Jake Anderson
<justmainfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried like something like below.
>
> C:\Users\JAKE11>ftp CTSDSN13
> Connected to CTSDSN13.cts.com.
> 220-You are connected to CTSDSN13, also known as System CTS.
> FTPSERVE IBM VM Level 540 at CTSDSN13.CTS.COM, 08:34:53 EST FRIDAY
> 2016-01-15
>
> 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes.
> User (CTSDSN13.CTS.COM:(none)): JAKE11
> 331 Send password please.
> Password:
> 230 PERJA11 logged in; working directory = CTS:JAKE11.
> ftp> cd 'CTS:LINUX021.RHEL71.'
> 550 SFS directory name format may be wrong;  directory remains SFS:
> CTS:JAKE11.
> ftp>
>
> Can someone please point if I there is anything wrong with the above
format?

Sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread.  The syntax when
using SFS is:

        CD filepool:[filespace].directory[.subdir1[....]]

If you don't specify the filespace, it defaults to the user ID you used to
log in to FTP.  So,

        cd cts:linux012.rhel71

To get back to your own directory:

        cd cts:.

Since SFS directory names cannot contain blanks or quotes, quotes are
neither required nor permitted.  See VM TCP/IP User's Guide (Transferring
Files with FTP) for more information.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323