Hi,

We have an issue with new deployed systems from our SLES 11 SP4 template
(They all have "zfcp.allow_lun_scan=1" on their zipl.conf file).
Whenever the z/VM admin deploys a new image, he would assign two FCP
devices.  After that we take control of the system and:

1) verify FCP devices are present
2) enable them via "zfcp_host_configure 0.0.fxxx 1"
3) take note of their WWPN and request LUNs from our storage team

The problem is that after they assign LUNs we'll do a
"rescan-scsi-bus.sh" and nothings shows up.
"lsluns" & "multipath -ll" doesn't show anything as well.  It is not
until a reboot of the system that we start seeing these LUNs.

The strange thing is that after that initial reboot, whenever the
storage team assigns new extra LUNs, we'll see them right away with
rescan-scsi-bus.sh.

I know zfcp_host_configure places the necessary FCP activation rules on
the udev directory but I thought it would load all necessary modules as
well (so there was no need for a restart).

Does anyone knows what are we missing?  How can we avoid that initial
reboot after activating HBAs?

Thanks,
Jorge