I cant remember how it is during install but I would make a bet that
default partitioning will not use more than one drive. Did you try to go
into advanced partitioning and see what the installator sugests? You should
be able manualy create one big lvm with seperate partition for boot (or you
can include boot in lvm but not all distros/versions support this). Unless
you want to do btrfs (I usually stick to ext3/4) then as we agreed lvm
doesn't make sense and btrfs volume pools should be used instead. But I
haven't done this before so can't tell.

But nontheless you still should be able to change it now if you do it step
by step from Mark's instructions.
So first make sure that second dasd is activated and available after ipl
(yast)
then pvcreate, vgextend, lvextend and filesystem resize.
Gregory