>>> On 4/21/2016 at 12:04 PM, Tom Huegel <tehue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I need just a little more help.
> Would this be correct to use all of the new volume? " lvextend -l +100%PVS
> /dev/system "

Almost, but not quite.  You would need to specify the logical volume name as
/dev/system/root, not just /dev/system.

Perhaps an easier way would be
lvextend -l +1761 /dev/system/root

since that is the number of free physical extents you have as shown in the
vgdisplay command.

After that, you have a couple more things to do, one of which is to actually
resize the file system
btrfs filesystem resize max /

Having said all that, perhaps the better route is to re-install the system:
1. using SLES12 SP1 instead of just SLES12
2. not using LVM for volume management since btrfs can handle it by itself
(SUSE recommends against using btrfs on top of LVM). I would have to check but
btrfs on LVM might not be a supported configuration.

If you decide not to do that, make sure you have all available maintenance
installed to avoid the problem I mentioned earlier with new DASD volumes not
being activated properly at boot time.