So,

If you make sure you have NATIVE NONE and keep track of your grants (just
like PORTBASED) there is no real security concern...
The guest is only allowed the vlans you grant it (just like PORTBASED) and
he cant send any untagged frames.
I would rather manage a USERBASED VSWITCH with trunks over managing ports
with PORTBASED any day...
It is much easier to make vlan mistakes with PORTBASED... USERBASED is much
more intuitive, easy to manage and easy to view...

I agree you should close all the security holes before you do that... but
that seems a better solution then PORTBASED.

There are pro's and con's for everything but I would recommend USERBASED
for security reasons and management reasons (assuming you know what you are
doing).

Offer Baruch