Hi Mike,

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:32:54AM +0200, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
> On 12.05.2016 20:17, Michael MacIsaac wrote:
> > I've been trying 'preseeding' with no luck. To specify network values, you
> > cannot expect to get them on the network, right? So you can't add one line
> > to the parm file like "auto url=http://<installServer>/config/ubuntu01.cfg"
> > to point to a file on the network.
> >
> > Also I believe there's a limit of like 12 lines in the parm file, and there
> > would probably be a need for more than 12 settings.  So, how to specify the

Actually, there is no such line limit.  The content of the parmfile is limited
to approx. 850 bytes/characters.  Depending on where you create the the
parmfile, for example, XEDIT, you have to consider the fixed block size which
is filled with blanks.

> > preseeding values?
> It is possible to set some preseeding values as kernel parameters in the
> parmfile and then point to a preseed URL, which means you could
> configure the network interface via parmfile and specify the remaining
> values in your remote preseed file. I have only done partial preseeding
> so far, though, so I don't know how far you can get.

Agreed with Viktor, put everything into the parmfile to configure the network
and use an url= preseed to download additional files.

Thanks and kind regards,
  Hendrik