On Fri, 2016-06-24 at 21:27 +0000, VANDER WOUDE, PETER wrote:
> I found a discussion on a Hercules-390 discussion group, and the IAF2
> facility was mentioned as being needed.
>
> How can this be enabled in Hercules?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

The short answer is to build Hercules from the Hyperion repository.

IAF2 is not available in the Hercules _releases_ yet.  IAF2 is
implemented in the Hyperion (4.0) repository.  It requires a compiler
that supports C11 atomic intrinsics.  If your compiler lacks them, you
should get a build error.  Depending upon whether IAF2 can be built will
dictate whether the IAF2 STFLE bit is set.  The PFPO STFLE (bit 44) must
be manually enabled with the archlvl command.

There is also a requirement, reported on this list with regards to zPDT,
related to the CPU model expected by Ubuntu.  Set an expected CPU model
in the Hercules configuration.

Dynamically loaded modules will not influence the STFL[E] settings.

The build process is documented on the Hercules web pages.  I would
recommend setting the compiler optimization to O2 during the configure
run if using a recent version of gcc.  clang has been reported as more
reliable for Hercules.

Harold Grovesteen