Hello everyone,

At ICU we have recently bought a LinuxONE Rockhopper (used in combination with
V7000 so no ECKD) and we are running both zVM and zKVM.   I have been
experimenting with both SUSE (SLES11SP4 / SLES12), Fedora (23) and Ubuntu
(16.04 beta) releases and they all seem to work fine.  But on moving to the
latest Ubuntu release I am seeing the exact same behavior (in zVM) as described
by Terry.

I installed the Ubuntu beta version a couple of months ago and has been running
without any problems ….  When the final Ubuntu release came available I
downloaded the latest version to replace the beta version. I was able to
install it in the zVM environment without any issues but on IPL of the new
virtual guest, I get the exact same problem as Terry describes:  Start
subchannel failed and disabled wait….  I also ran the trace that was suggested
and  I get the exact same results as described by Terry in an earlier post.

Strange thing is that when I tried to install the same Ubuntu version as a
virtual guest within the zKVM environment everything installs and boots  OK….

If there is anything I can do to provide you with additional information,
please let me know.

Kind regards,
Johan Schelling
Infrastructure Solution Architect

ICU IT Services BV
Transistorstraat 55b  I  1322 CK  ALMERE

M 06 – 21 245 992  I  E johan.schell...@icu-it.nl
<mailto:johan.schell...@icu-it.nl>
T 088 – 5 234 123  I  www.icu-it.nl <http://www.icu-it.nl/>  I  KvK 32135776