>>> On 8/17/2016 at 06:14 AM, Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking forward to btrfs on SLES 12; specifically its snapshot

I'm hoping that when people are saying "SLES12" they are really meaning "SLES12
SP1 or later."  SLES12 GA has been out of support for a while now.

> capabilities and how we can use it to perform system rollbacks (the
> integration of zypper, snapper & GRUB2 to accomplish this).

These capabilities are the main reason SUSE invested so much time and effort
into getting btrfs solid enough to use.

> Hmm, now that I mention GRUB2, Is this system rollback functionality &
> integration with the other tools supported with zIPL?

With SLES12, zipl really doesn't play much of a role.  You still need it, but
it only gets executed when grub2 gets [re-]installed.  That's why you won't see
a /etc/zipl.conf any more.

So, to answer your question, don't worry about whether zipl supports system
rollback.  It's not a consideration.  Something that _is_ a consideration are
btrfs subvolumes.  The way the rollback feature works, everything that is in a
subvolume of / is _not_ included in the snapshots and hence cannot be rolled
back.  That's why you see things like /var/log, /home, /opt and so on as
subvolumes.  So, don't go creating subvolume without keeping in mind they won't
be part of a rollback.