>>> On 1/6/2017 at 02:06 PM, "Hamilton, Robert" <rhamil...@cas.org> wrote:
> Here's a funny thing. The documentation everywhere for the HMC, including the
> service guide, says, specifically, DVD-RAM media, DVD-RAM drive, DVD-RAM
> everything. That's a different disk style from the disk I actually burned,
> which is DVD+R DL. I can't actually tell what the SUSE media is that I have.
> Bottom line....they're both ISO 9660. According to my laptop.
> Any chance that's the real problem here, that I don't have the right format
> media???

Well, I don't really think so.  We've used locally burned DVD media in our HMC
with success, and we didn't go trying to find DVD-RAM media.

It might be that the Dual Layer (DL) aspect of the media you used is having
some impact, but I'm not sure.  You could try re-burning the ISO image on
"normal" DVD+R media to see if that changes anything.  (Or at least burn it
again in a DVD writer that is _not_ capable of DL writing.)