On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:

> Okay, I'm now stuck at expanding the logical volume (the
> whole purpose of this exercise was to expand the /home mount
> point).

> xfs_growfs /home
> xfs_growfs: /home is not a mounted XFS filesystem
>
> Hmmm....not a XFS, then what is it?   'df' only shows that it is a ext4:

xfs is a filesystem.  So is ext4

see
        man mount

If you want to expand a mount, I would probably just set up a:

1. new xfs partition of the desired size, and mount it, at
say:
        /tmp/home

2. then rsync the content over:

        rsync -av /home/. /tmp/home/.

3. run the command twice, 'just in case'

4. umount /home, and /tmp/home

5. manually edit /etc/fstab to point to the new one

6. get SElinux properly set:
        a. # touch /.autorelabel
        b. # reboot

(the system will relabel)

The former [ext4 formated] /home/ partition may be scratched

-- Russ herrold