From:   "Davis, Jim [PRI-1PP]" <jim.da...@primerica.com>
To:     LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Date:   08/16/2018 05:16 PM
Subject:        Moving z/vm and zlinux volumes from old dasd to new dasd
Sent by:        Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

I have been tasked with moving our z/VM and zlinux file system volume from
an old DASD system to a New DASD system.
All of my device numbers / unit addresses will change.

I have been successful in moving all of the z/linux volumes.

My problem is how to move the 6 VM volumes since the IPL text has unit
addresses in it.

In z/vm 5.x I just zapped the 2 addresses in ipl text.

In z/VM 6.4 the ipl text has all of 6 volume address in text and some in
hex.

Can I use SALIPL to change these addresses?

SALIPL was run under the covers when I installed VM6.4; Is there a way to
find out what was passed as parms to SALIPL.

James Davis
jim.da...@primerica.com
470-564-5061
"quando omni flunkus moritati"