On 6/9/19 5:44 PM, Michael MacIsaac wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. If you can pass the word up the line that a few
> paying customers expect 'vi' to be part of minimal, that would be great.

That's been discussed internally. It's not going to change any time
soon. Minimal really, really means minimal. You want more than that.

> But how do I install the man pages?  'zypper install man' does not get it.
>
> Let me ask this - do you have a doc that states how to make a fairly useful
> system out of 'minimal'?  We are trying to get to a minimal system that has
> basic function like editing files and getting help, then adding SaaS later.

You need to take a look at what's in the "Packages" ISO image
(SLE-15-Packages-s390x-GM-DVD1.iso). The man-pages and man-pages-posix
packages are there, as well as a whole bunch of other things in the
Module-Basesystem directories.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390